The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in all programmatic and administrative areas. They will lead and provide technical expertise in programming public participation and coordinating the program’s work with beneficiaries. In collaboration with the COP, the DCOP will be responsible for the successful performance of the project as defined in the program’s statement of work.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $40-$50M range.
This position is pending donor approval and funding. Ghanaian candidates are encouraged to apply.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Oversee the coordinated planning (of activities and resources) and implementation of the program and program operations in line with state-of-the art strategies, technical standards, and applicable USAID rules and regulations.
• Coordinate technical inputs on project activities. Hire and supervise technical staff, perform quality control, and ensure appropriate collaboration with partner project teams.
• Oversee fulfillment of all contract deliverables including technical and administrative reports.
• Manage and supervise the work of project team members, subcontractors, and expert consultants to achieve relevant project objectives and targets and ensure timely implementation of designated activities.
• Promote a team approach that emphasizes high-level performance, creative approaches, adaptive feedback and achievement of project goals in a cooperative, collegial atmosphere.
• Support the COP in all management aspects of the project and represent the program in the COP’s absence to key national, sub-national, and international partners.
• Oversee budget implementation and financial management as needed.
• Ensure project activities comply with donor regulations, project management policies, and CARE Ghana rules and regulations.
• Create management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in project management, education, political science, or a relevant social science discipline.
• Eight (8) or more years progressively responsible experience working on educational programs. Previous management experience on primary and secondary education programs (including improved reading skills, access to education, and equity) and/or youth workforce development.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing effective accountability, transparency, public oversight, social audit, and anti-corruption approaches.
• Experience working on CSO capacity building preferred.
• English fluency required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Ghana governance and public administration sector, including prior DCOP, Program Director, or similar managerial experience.
• Specific understanding of the USAID Education goals under the Ghana Country Development Cooperation Strategy preferred.
• Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, and manage staff.
• Ability to manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
• Ability to perform internal control functions to manage project operations.
How To Apply For The Job
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to: with “Deputy Chief of Party” in the subject line
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria