• The “Governance for Inclusive Development” (GovID) programme supports the implementation at both the local and the national level.
• To achieve this, the programme implements measures in five areas of intervention and amongst them is the strengthening of accountability mechanisms for budgetary implementation.
• Under this is the Accountability Component which focuses on internal audit processes and accountability at both national and subnational level.
Scope of the Role
• The role of the Junior Accountability Advisor will be to support the work of the Accountability Component.
• This will entail supporting institutions like Internal Audit Agency, Ghana Audit Service, Civil Society, resource governance and local authorities to enhance accountability at both the National and local level.
• Assist with the development of concepts, and monitors the implementation of project/ programme plans and activities in close consultation with advisors, management, and partners
• Participate in formulating project actions plans and helps synchronize the planning with counterparts
Support Technical Advisors to prepare, implement and document
training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project
• Develop and maintain contact with relevant stakeholders
• Collects, processes, and distributes relevant information
• Participate in meetings, seminars, and workshops etc.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters/MSc Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Public
• Administration, Development Studies, or related fields.
• At least basic knowledge and a strong interest in the topics of
• Accountability, Transparency, Anti-Corruption or Public Financial Management.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• At least three (3) years professional experience
• Working experience with GIZ, similar development organizations and local government actors
• Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting;
• Motivated team player with an organized, independent, systematic, proactive, detail- and goal-oriented work approach. Ability to quickly
grasp complex issues
• Ability to express yourself well both verbally and in writing;
• Excellent knowledge of the English language; German being an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
Apply quoting Job Code 2022/GovID/19/09 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion
are encouraged to apply.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria