AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Superintendent – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The purpose of this role is to administer, resolve all technical maintenance issues and train supervisors to deliver maximum efficiency of equipment and high plant availability in a safe and sustainable manner by efficiently and effectively maintaining and improving all fixed plant mechanical installations.
• Accountable for own safety, the safety of Supervisors (Duty of Care). The accountability extends to monitoring of contractors providing services to the Mechanical section. Report positive performance and concerns to the Engineering Manager-Process Plant for action. Objective is zero injuries.
• Participate in development and review of operating procedures and risk assessments.
• Contribute to achieving zero reportable environmental incidents
• Coordinate task allocation and monitor the quality of work by the Technicians, contractors, and other service providers, follow up on the completion of tasks and projects by proving guidance, feedback, responding to questions and providing instructions on how to complete aspects of the work, within the boundaries described by the Manager
• Administer and resolve all technical maintenance issues
• Involve all capital improvement projects and organize various performance appraisals and recommend training programs as per requirement.
• Actively utilise SAP and the work management system to ensure maintenance work orders and defects are accurately recorded and information is correct and up to date.
• Perform regular audit and resolve all safety control programs within the process plant.
• Efficiently train Mechanical supervisors and technicians and prepare all short/long term programs and ensure achievement of all objectives with required budget.
• Collaborate with various departments to maintain mechanical integrity of all plant programs.
• Analyze all equipment requirements and assist in requisition of all tools and equipment.
• Review and recommend improvements of all SOP procedures and perform troubleshoot on all plant activities and resolve all issues and assist facilities manager to implement all changes.
• Liaise with supervisors to administer the maintenance of all process plant asset including Crushers, Conveyor Systems, Pumps, Pipe Work, SAG Mills, Ball Mill, Vibrating Screens & Feeders, Cranes & Hoists, Cyclones, Compressors, Blowers, tailings and all associated Tanks, Launders and Steelworks.
• Supervise the installation of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment.
• Ensure that all new installations comply with relevant AGA Standards.
• Assist with shutdown co-ordination and execution.
• Monitor costs within the department so to keep within the allocated budget
• Assist in delivering engineering services to meet the standards and requirements of relevant governmental agencies.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Process Plant Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Strong management and leadership skills will be an advantage
• Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
• An experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with a minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant experience in, preferably Gold Process Plant maintenance
• Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC) and Plant Shutdown Maintenance
• Experience working in environments with noise, dust, elevated work areas, confined work areas, extremes of temperature, water, slurry.
• Knowledge of SAP PM module.
• Experience in management and QA/QC on contractor work
• Must possess at least Sectional Engineer’s Certificate of Competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana.
• Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body will be an advantage (e.g., Ghana Institution of Engineers)
• Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
• Sound project management skills
• Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
• Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
• Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
• Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
• Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
• Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
• Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
• Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
• Consistent with the company values
• Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
• To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
• Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria