MAIN TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acquisition of Assignments
• Assist in the identification, follow-up and responses to training & consultancy opportunities with clients in the West African region.
• Assist in the analysis and understanding client request for services based on available terms of reference/request for proposal and/or direct contact via phone, intake meetings (visits) and or email.
• Provide assistance to the proposal writing process led by a Senior Expert and together with selected team members.
Execution of Assignments
• Provide assistance in the execution of consultancy assignments in the area of training, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• Undertake literature review and other data and information gathering as may be required by consultancy assignments and other MDF task.
• Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of MDFWA enterprise development.
• Assist in maintaining a database of stakeholder contacts for purposes of acquisition and execution of assignments.
• Assist in the report writing process required under consultancy assignments.
Qualification Required & Experience
Technical Comptencies and Professional Experiences
• Experience working in projects and programmes teams providing services to clients.
• Experience working in single and/or multi-country programme external evaluation assignments applying quantitative and qualitative methodologies such as outcome mapping, outcome harvesting, contribution analysis, and quasi-experimental studies applying sampling techniques and using among others difference-in-difference methods.
• Experience in assisting organisations or programmes in the design and management of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks and plans including the development of data collection, analysis, and reporting tools and templates.
• Experience in online data collection and analysis using digital technologies such as Kobo Collect, Survey Monkey, Akvo FLOW, Ona among others others.
• Strong data collection and processing skills i.e. data gathering via interviews, focus-group discussions, check-lists and analysing situations, documents, data sheets.
• Experience in quantitative data analysis using Excel, SPSS, Nvivo, MaxQData and other data analysis software.
• Ability to write strong proposals and reports i.e. clear, to-the-point, high analytical level, in-depth, proper English (or French), in time, understanding client needs.
• Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm.
• Strong participatory facilitation and presentation skills/expertise. Comfortable to stand in front of and guide a group (4-25 people) with an international character.
• At least 7 years of working experience in international development programs/projects, of which minimum 3 years as evaluator.
• Ability to handle administrative, modern communication and knowledge management technologies – Office 365 package, Adobe, PiktoChart, online data collection tools and more.
• Education level: Masters degree or equivalent in (international) business management, social studies, international development and or relations, international trade etc.
• Excellent ability in speaking and writing in English on a professional level. Knowledge of French language will be an asset.
• Service- and client- oriented.
• Independent worker, pro-active/take initiative, business-driven, professional attitude
• Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9 to 5 mentality.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international level via email, phone and face-to-face i.e. respectful, business-oriented, broad vocabulary, understanding culture and customs.
• Practise transparency in dealing with colleagues and clients.
• Can deal with productivity and turnover targets.
• Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
• Interest in management for development.
How To Apply For The Job
• The position will be full-time (40 hour work week)
• Submit your application to:
email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, using Subject: Application Monitoring and Evaluation Expert before the 30th of September 2022 (11:59 PM GMT).
Closing Date: 30 September, 2022
Applications that are not in before this time will not be entertained.
Your application needs to include the following;
• A cover letter (2-page maximum), outlining your interest, motivation and qualifications for the position;
• Your CV (including two professional references); and
• A sample of relevant work.
• An assessment and reference check will be part of the application procedure.
• There are no relocation funds available.
• ECOWAS nationals are encouraged to apply.
• MDF is an equal opportunity employer and our hiring policy is based on merits and qualifications. We encourage qualified women and men to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN THE SELECTION AND INTERVIEW PERIOD THAT ENDS ON THE 14TH OF OCTOBER 2022.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria