MAIN TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Acquisition of Assignments
• Support the identification, follow-up and responses to training & consultancy opportunities with clients in the West African region. This includes exploring opportunities within the MDF network.
• Analyse and understand client request for services based on available terms of reference/request for proposal and/or direct contact via phone, intake meetings (visits) and or email.
• Support and steer the proposal writing process together with selected team members.
• Come up with strategies and write how you would approach the assignment i.e. the methodological approach, work plan, budget, team composition etc.
• Represent MDF during functions and participate in formal and informal gatherings in order to build a network of clients and partners.
B. Execution of Assignments
• Execute consultancies assignments in the area of planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• Take the lead and steer a team of 2 to 5 staff/colleagues/partners during execution of assignments
• Update MDF WA management on assignment execution status presenting issues/concerns and recommended measures to address them
• Maintain client contact during execution and contracting of assignments i.e. process management. Be the focal person for the client.
• Lead the report writing process and assure report quality.
• Maintain client and partner relationships.
• Provide needed support on other assignments where other MDF colleagues are Team Leaders.
Qualification Required & Experience
Technical Comptencies and Professional Experiences
• Management expertise in projects, programmes, teams or organisations i.e. steering people, providing business advisory, client management, financial management, knowledge management.
• Served as team leader for single and multi-country programme external evaluation assignments applying quantitative and qualitative methodologies such as outcome mapping, outcome harvesting, contribution analysis, and quasi-experimental studies applying sampling techniques and using among others difference-in-difference methods.
• Expertise in assisting organisations or programmes in the design and management of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks and plans including the development of data collection, analysis, and reporting tools and templates.
• Strong expertise in online data collection and analysis using digital technologies such as Kobo Collect, Survey Monkey, Akvo FLOW, Ona among others others.
• Strong data collection and processing skills i.e. data gathering via interviews, focus-group discussions, check-lists and analysing situations, documents, data sheets.
• Strong quantitative data analysis skills via Excel, SPSS, Nvivo, MaxQData and other data analysis software. Statistics studies background and application at work will be an advantage.
• Ability to write strong proposals and reports i.e. clear, to-the-point, high analytical level, in-depth, proper English (or French), in time, understanding client needs.
• Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm.
• Strong participatory facilitation and presentation skills/expertise. Comfortable to stand in front of and guide a group (4-25 people) with an international character.
• Maintaining client relationships and networking.
• At least 10 years of working experience in an international context, of which minimum 5 years as lead evaluator/consultant.
• Ability to handle administrative, modern communication and knowledge management technologies – Office 365 package, Adobe, PiktoChart, online data collection tools and more.
• Sub-Regional (ECOWAS) and international working experience.
• Education level: Masters degree or equivalent in (international) business management, social studies, international development and or relations, international trade etc.
• Excellent ability in speaking and writing in English on a professional level. Knowledge of French language will be an asset.
• Service- and client- oriented.
• Independent worker, pro-active/take initiative, business-driven, professional attitude
• Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9 to 5 mentality.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international level via email, phone and face-to-face i.e. respectful, business-oriented, broad vocabulary, understanding culture and customs.
• Practise transparency in dealing with colleagues and clients.
• Can deal with productivity and turnover targets.
• Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
• Interest in management for development.
How To Apply For The Job
• The position will be full-time (40 hour work week)
• Submit your application to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: email@example.com, using Subject: Application Monitoring and Evaluation Expert before the 30th of September 2022 (11:59 PM GMT). Applications that are not in before this time will not be entertained.
Your application needs to include the following;
• A cover letter (2-page maximum), outlining your interest, motivation and qualifications for the position;
• Your CV (including two professional references); and
• A sample of relevant work.
• An assessment and reference check will be part of the application procedure.
• ECOWAS nationals are encouraged to apply.
• MDF is an equal opportunity employer and our hiring policy is based on merits and qualifications. We encourage qualified women and men to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN THE SELECTION AND INTERVIEW PERIOD THAT ENDS ON THE 14TH OF OCTOBER 2022.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria