At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and, healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across six African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Nurse Coach. The Nurse Coach works within the Health Services team primarily responsible for interfacing with patients in a specially designed Disease Management (DM) Patient Support Program (PSP) with health coaching for patients with heart failure.
The health coach will be in charge of recording and maintaining a database of records for all patients who have provided consent. More specifically, he/she will be in charge of the following:
• Receiving patient consent documentation and administering mid and post-program questionnaires
• Keeping inventory and coordinating kits/materials to patients who participate in the program
• Coaching, periodic follow-up and mentoring of patients
• Follow-up specialist coaching and support via phone calls, following a standardized yet personalized approach, with regular specified interactions to assist patients with adherence, persistence and disease-specific education for a period of 6 – 9 months
• Organising and facilitating group educational seminars
• Collection of specific data and reporting to the designated contact
• Recording submitting Adverse Event reports and materials within a defined time period
• Performing any other assigned task pertaining to the role
Our Ideal Candidate
• Possess a dynamic and energetic personality
• Possess good patient engagement and counselling skills
• Passion for helping patients improve their health and wellness
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
• Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
• Strong background and up to date knowledge in cardiovascular disease management with a focus on heart failure would be an advantage
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in nursing/Registered Nurse preferred, allied health professionals e.g Public Health, Nutrition, Pharmacy, etc will be considered.
• At least 2+ years experience working in Primary care and/or management of chronic heart failure
• This position reports to the Health Services Manager
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria