Mensin Gold Bibiani Ltd (MGBL) is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the following positions: Senior Risk Supervisor – Plant
To protect all stakeholder including staff, products and assets as well as utilize available policies, procedures and resources to conduct operations in order to meet the short and long-term safeguarding and protection demands of MGBL.
- Assist in the formulation, review and implementation of all security policies/procedures at the Plant and ensure full compliance with Mining and other Regulations.
- Ensure overall control of access to and from the Plant.
- Ensure the effective safeguard of all materials, ore and products at the Plant.
- Coordinate and report on all activities at the Plant including the Gold Room.
- Ensure consistent improvement in security deliverables (investigation, audit, compliance, background checks, etc).
- Initiate and monitor preventive and precautionary measures to decrease criminal activities at the Plant.
- Coordinate and conduct random searches, visits to ponds, heaps and other operational areas.
- Study Operational Occurrence Book daily and inspect all registers of in-house and contractor staff.
- Coordinate, supervise and account for all items that leave the Plant.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, and monthly reports to the Risk Manager or his deputy on all related activities.
- Build professional relationships with internal clients, management and team members to ensure delivery of proposed solutions and support for the development of business possibilities.
- Set performance targets, measures, monitor, and manage the overall performance of the team members.
- Administer discipline to affected team members in accordance with the company’s disciplinary policy.
- Coordinate the activities of all Security contractor staff at the Plant.
- Prepare and submit reports on all Incidents.
- Be aware and adhere to all Safety standards on the Mine.
- Lead and or participate in emergency management.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Security and Risk Management or its
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years working experience as a Senior Security supervisor preferably in the extractive industry or minimum 6 years progressive responsible security experience (e.g. Military, Police or Governmental or Private Security Service) at the supervisory
- Must have no criminal
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving licence and proficiency in driving light
- Understanding of crisis and emergency management protocols in an extractive
- Extensive knowledgeable in security
- Basic and practical knowledge of Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR).
- Initiative and willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the security and risk
- Proven leadership and organisational
- Be familiar with HF and VHF radio, and able to respond to call on 24/7
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including power point, word, outlook, project and excel or related
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a competent
- Ability to make decisions correctly and
- Understand managerial needs and
- Must have experience in conflict
How to apply
Qualified and Interested candidates should send their CVs and copies of certificates with the preferred position as the subject of the email.